Monday, August 8, 2011

Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow

 




Yesterday, I took my daughter, to Kindergarten.  I took my video camera to of course record this special moment and hopefully never forget.  My eyes swelled up with tears, because my baby was growing up.

Today...she moved out.  And I was right, my baby grew up overnight!  My eyes swell up all over again.  How can time go so fast?  Where does it go?

Of course it wasn't actually yesterday, but years.  But, that doesn't make it feel any longer.  What is 20 years, compared to eternity? Is there ever enough time?

Do I make time count?  What is my life worth?

I wonder if my Mom asked these questions...or her Mom.

Was it just yesterday that I went to went to Kindergarten?

Time is such an enigma.  Our days sometimes seem like eternity, but our years fly by.

The little things of life seem to rob of us the important things.

When tomorrow comes, will I be content with my life?  Will I have used my time wisely?

Am I happy today, about yesterday?

Are you?


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I remember those days well, especially the 'empty nest' syndrome. I couldn't send my kids to 'preschool' because I couldn't stand to leave my kids for that long. When the first went to church camp, I volunteered to go as a counselor to keep an eye on her. When they left for College, I was miserable and had to visit in a month. Was a little disappointed because they were having so much 'fun' and didn't seem to miss us as much as we missed them. :) But, then, a miracle happened. The grandkids started coming. They took my kids place, and I was happy again. Life is still wonderful! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete