Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Big Break!

 From the time that I started this blog, Josh has been joking with me about why he has not been blogged about.  I have teased him by saying that he has to do something that inspires me.  Well, this is NOT...what I had in mind. 
 
Talk about unexpected. I got a call on Monday that Josh hurt his leg at school.  I left my job and went to pick him up.  His leg was a little swollen and already bruising.  He was able to walk on it but, since the school nurse could not say for sure, Richie and I thought it was best to get a x-ray.  Not the easiest thing to do...I found out.  His pediatrician did not have a x-ray machine, so...had to go somewhere else.  Turns out, he broke his leg! Taking out all the tedious, frustrating, but boring details....they sent us to another place the next day and Josh had to have the surgery the next.  So, the poor kid has a broken leg for three days, before they set it.  UGH! 






Josh has handled whole ordeal like a real man.  He did not even cry when he broke it!  That is a big deal for a boy this age.  

Now...the funny part.  Josh plays tackle football.  He is a really mean machine, on the field.  After three years of playing, he has never had an injury!  Awesome, but strange when you hear how he broke his leg.  He was doing a cartwheel!  Yes, you heard that right.  This is story that will be told for years.  He will never live this one down. :)

And...just in case Shane thinks about teasing Josh about a cartwheel.  I must remind Shane, that he broke his finger playing frisbee! He He He

4 comments: